This 2 day Luxury Iquitos jungle tour is perfect for anyone traveling to Iquitos Peru with limited time. This expedition is jam packed with a variety of the most popular activities & attractions of this region of the amazon including: visit to “Fundo Javier”, anaconda holding, freshwater dolphin spotting, canoe rides, night time caiman excursion, visit to Belen! A great option for anybody who doesn’t have much time but is looking for a Luxury Iquitos jungle tour.
Program Details By Day
- City Tour / River Cruise / Fundo Javier / Day Jungle Hike / Nocturnal Hike
- Morning Jungle Hike / Fishing Excursion / Boras Native Community / Belen Floating Market / Victoria Regia
Day 1 Itinerary Details
Short City Tour through the historic center of the city (Plaza de Armas, Cathedral, Casa de Fierro, Malecon and Boulevard).
Morning departure from Iquitos City via auto to arrive in the port town of Nanay (Bellavista), where the Rio Nanay meets the Rio Amazonas. After departing by boat we will travel upriver on the Rio Momon 50 KM (about 1 hour). During the riverboat trip we will have a great possibility of seeing caimans, turtles, herons, pink river dolphins, snakes, and many other species of flora/fauna along the riverbank.
Visit the Fundo Javier to observe the Anaconda (largest snake in the world), the sloth, prehistoric turtle, birds, monkeys, etc.
Arrival and welcome to the Ecolodge, welcome drink (seasonal fruit drink)
Tour of our facilities with an excellent view of the Rio Momon, time to enjoy the pool.
Walk through the jungle to explore the flora and fauna, where the guide will explain the different varieties of plants and trees, visit the Trapiche Craft.
In the evening we will go on a nocturnal nature hike to see what types of species can be seen (lizards, snakes, spiders, monkeys).
Overnight at Irapay Luxury Resort
Day 2 Itinerary Details
Early morning jungle hike where we will have the unique opportunity to see a vast number of monkeys, birds, and many other wildlife in their natural habitat. We will also see and learn about various types of Amazonian plants.
Departure from Maniti Lodge with destination Iquitos City.
Visit with a local native Indian tribe to learn and observe about history and their customs.
Upon arrival to Iquitos we will visit the market of Belen.
Private Canoe ride through the floating market of Belén, located on the edge of the Itaya River.
Viewing of Victoria Regia – the largest freshwater aquatic plant in the world.
Transfer to airport/hotel, end of service.
- Private Airport Transfers
- All Local Transportation
- All Meals During Excursion (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snacks)
- Purified Water, Juice, Coffee, Tea, Milk
- All Equipment: Rubber Boots, Fishing Poles, First Aid, Etc.
- Professional Bilingual Guide (English & Spanish)
- All Entrance Fees
- Fully Guided Jungle Tours & Excursions As Described In Itinerary
- Private Accommodations (Bedding, Mosquito Nets, Shower)
SERVICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Extra Items (Souvenirs, Extra Food, Cigarettes, Etc.)
- Airfare (We Can Help Arrange Airfare Upon Request)
- All Airport Taxes
- Personal Expenses: Telephone Calls, Laundry Expenses, Alcoholic Drinks, Etc.
- Insurance Against Theft, Loss, Illness or Accident
- Gratuity For Tour Guides
- Hotel In Iquitos City