This 2 day Iquitos jungle tour is perfect for anyone traveling to Iquitos Peru on a tight schedule. Maybe you just want to get a taste of the Jungle and don’t have a lot of time? This expedition is packed with a variety of our most popular activities including: visit to “Monkey Island”, anaconda holding, freshwater dolphin spotting, canoe rides, night time caiman excursion, visit to Belen! A great option for anybody who doesn’t have much time but is looking for an authentic Iquitos jungle tour.
Program Details By Day
- Monkey Island / Fishing Excursion / Dolphin Spotting / Nocturnal Hike
- Morning Jungle Hike / Visit With Natives / Belen / Victoria Regia
Day 1 Itinerary Details
Morning departure from Iquitos City via auto to arrive in the port town of Nanay (Bellavista), where the Rio Nanay meets the Rio Amazonas. After departing by boat we will travel downriver 70 KM (about 2 hours). During the riverboat trip we will have a great possibility of seeing caimans, turtles, herons, pink river dolphins, snakes, and many other species of flora/fauna along the riverbank.
Monkey Island – a small island which shelters a large number of monkeys in their natural habitat. During our visit on the island we will have the unique opportunity to observe and interact with a wide variety of monkeys that include: Sloth, Goeldi’s monkey, Tamarin monkey, Capuchin monkey, Yellow-Handed Titi monkey, Masked Titi monkey, Cebidae monkey, Wooly monkey, Spider monkey, and many more! We will have to opportunity to hold very large Anacondas, Boas and interact with the very unique and rare Amazonian mata-mata turtle.
Afternoon fishing excursion via boat with opportunity to catch piranha, catfish & other species of fish.
Dolphin watching session at the camp where we will have the unique opportunity to see the pink freshwater dolphin. If we are lucky we will also have the chance to swim with them on the main Amazon River.
In the evening we will go on a nocturnal nature hike to see what types of species can be seen (lizards, snakes, spiders, monkeys).
Overnight at Maniti Eco-Lodge.
Day 2 Itinerary Details
Early morning jungle hike where we will have the unique opportunity to see a vast number of monkeys, birds, and many other wildlife in their natural habitat. We will also see and learn about various types of Amazonian plants.
Departure from Maniti Lodge with destination Iquitos City.
Visit with a local native Indian tribe to learn and observe about history and their customs.
Upon arrival to Iquitos we will visit the market of Belen.
Private Canoe ride through the floating market of Belén, located on the edge of the Itaya River.
Viewing of Victoria Regia – the largest freshwater aquatic plant in the world.
Transfer to airport/hotel, end of service.
- Private Airport Transfers
- All Local Transportation
- All Meals During Excursion (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snacks)
- Purified Water, Juice, Coffee, Tea, Milk
- All Equipment: Rubber Boots, Fishing Poles, First Aid, Etc.
- Professional Bilingual Guide (English & Spanish)
- All Entrance Fees
- Fully Guided Jungle Tours & Excursions As Described In Itinerary
- Private Accommodations (Bedding, Mosquito Nets, Shower)
SERVICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Extra Items (Souvenirs, Extra Food, Cigarettes, Etc.)
- Airfare (We Can Help Arrange Airfare Upon Request)
- All Airport Taxes
- Personal Expenses: Telephone Calls, Laundry Expenses, Alcoholic Drinks, Etc.
- Insurance Against Theft, Loss, Illness or Accident
- Gratuity For Tour Guides
- Hotel In Iquitos City